Major health care partners in the Aarhus area in Denmark join forces
Systematic takes part in a new ecosystem, Health Innovation Aarhus, which will put the Aarhus area on the world map for health innovation.
A room full of professionals with the common vision of raising awareness of the health innovation in Aarhus. This became the basis for a new ecosystem that will unify players in the healthcare industry in a joint branding collaboration in the western part of Denmark.
The Aarhus area and the entire Central Denmark Region aim at being more professionally attractive and internationally known. The partnership will also accommodate the challenges of an ageing population and a higher need for health care solutions in Denmark.
- In recent years we have been considered the Silicon Valley of health innovation. We have strong partners such as Aarhus University and Aarhus University Hospital and long-standing traditions for public and private partnership collaborations, which makes it possible for health innovation to grow even bigger, says Henrik Jespersen, Senior Vice President, Systematic.
The purpose of the new ecosystem is to attract even more investments, international businesses, start-ups, students, researchers, developers, and other professional talents to the Aarhus area and the Central Jutland region, which already has a strong position in health innovation.
Facts about Health Innovation Aarhus
- Health Innovation Aarhus is a collaboration between leading health and knowledge institutions as well as innovative companies in the Aarhus area that develop health solutions.
- The Health Innovation Aarhus partnership was established in 2020 by Aarhus University, Aarhus University Hospital, INCUBA, Aarhus Municipality and Central Denmark Region. During the process, the partners have consulted, among others, Invest in Denmark and Central Denmark EU Office, CDEU.
- At the launch of Health Innovation Aarhus in the beginning of May 2022, the steering committee consisted of Systematic, Trifork, Emento, Enversion, Danish Life Science Cluster and The Link.
- All businesses and other partners working with health innovation in already established partnerships in the Aarhus area and in Central Denmark Region can join the partnership.
- Read more about Health Innovation Aarhus on http://www.hia.dk