INTERNAL TRANSPORT HAS GREAT IMPORTANCE
A large part of service personnel's daily work routine is spent on the transport of trolleys carrying linen, food, medicine, equipment, etc. Some trolleys have fixed routes at fixed times, while others are transported as and when required.
Depending on what a trolley may have been previously used for, service personnel sometimes has to wait for long periods of time for a free trolley. For example, there may be a wait for food trolleys delivered from the kitchen. In addition, sometimes trolleys are hard to find and time is, thus, spent looking for them.
This results in inefficiencies for service personnel and clinical personnel who cannot be sure the trolley ordered will be available when it is required.
TRACKING OF TROLLEYS CREATES EFFICIENCY
The Trolley Management application provides an overview of where trolleys are across the hospital. When trolleys are handed over at established check points, service personnel is automatically ordered via Task Management.
This reduces delays in transfers.
The application is web based and can be accessed and used from a PC, large displays and smartphones.
The overview of trolleys allows personnel to get a visual picture of where all trolleys are in the hospital. Filters can be used to make the application show for instance only the trolleys that are on their way back to storage or the trolleys that are on their way to the wards.
The solution can be extended, with the option of viewing or searching based on the trolley contents. This means that service personnel saves additional time because they can search for a trolley with specific contents.
- Certainty that trolleys are available when required and when ordered
- Possible to track trolley content, which saves time
- Low maintenance costs
- Future-proof because the solution does not depend on sensor technology
- Changes in logistics are easily dealt with in terms of IT
- Less time spent waiting for trolleys because checkpoints automatically release a task on the mobile phone
- More efficient working procedures
- Better overview of the day's tasks and improved planning as a result
- Supports and ensures better workflow
- Simple communication