Business Development Manager for Defence, Cologne
As a Business Development Manager (BDM), you will be a key player in strengthening the company’s activities in bringing world class defence command and control (C2) and interoperability solutions and services to the Central European market. Seize this opportunity and be part of an ambitious team that strives to make a difference for our customers and expand Systematic's Defence Business Unit.
The primary focus of the position as Business Development Manager concerns business development of Systematics’s defence products and services related to IRIS and SitaWare in the Central European market.This includes both short-term (tactical) and long-term (strategic) knowledge of, constructive relationships with, and insight into local customers and their plans in the marketplace as well as influential government and industry officials.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be reporting to the Business Development Vice President (BDVP) for Central Europe, and your key tasks will include:
- Achieving own sales targets and ensuring that the overall business unit sales targets are achieved
- Being responsible for keeping the BDVP continuously and accurately informed of important activities and issues through regular and structured reporting
- Being up to date on new products, projects and service developments and to communicate this to relevant stakeholders
- Formulating and executing business strategies, which will result in comprehensive account plans that will be continuously updated in collaboration with the BDVP
- Interacting with customers, including representation at sales meetings, presentations, negotiations, reference visits to other customer sites among others – all to protect the customer base as one of Systematic’s most valuable assets
- Participating in further development of the products by providing the product/development teams important information about the customer’s use, experiences and requirements for the products
Your skills and personality
The successful candidate has:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other relevant studies
- Mandatory operative military experience, preferably from Ground Forces, as well as 3-5 years of experience in B2B sales and marketing communication in the Central European Defence IT market
- A thorough knowledge of the tendencies in the defence IT market and the capability of using this to actively inspire and drive the external market communication
- Proven sales skills within IT solutions selling
- Proven strong relations with and network within the Armed Forces
- Business management consultancy skills that will enable you to challenge the business strategy and needs of the customers
- An excellent practical and theoretical approach to work with the ability of balancing the two in order to deliver results that move the business forward
As an individual, you are extrovert, dynamic and self- motivated with innovative ideas and strong interpersonal skills, and you are enthusiastic with a great drive and commitment to achieve outstanding results. You are persuasive, cooperative and able to demonstrate a positive attitude in various situations towards both internal stakeholders and customers. You are able to see the big picture and think two steps ahead.
Finally, you are a native German speaker who is fluent in business English and capable of qualifying for a security clearance up to NATO Secret. You will work out of our Cologne office, but the job includes around 50% of travel within Central Europe.
Our IT solutions make it simpler for the users to make critical decisions. In the defence and healthcare sectors, critical decisions often concern matters of life and death. In both the private and the public sector, our solutions must handle large amounts of data, e.g. in the library sector with more than 50 million yearly loans. To be able to continue the development of solutions that customers trust, we continuously challenge each other, our work processes and technologies. We have a highly pro-active education and training policy with defined career paths and internal pro-active Knowledge Networks.
We stay constantly focused on making everything better. Our unique combination of strong principles from CMMI and the best aspects of LEAN and Scrum enable us to develop reliable, high-quality solutions for our customers and to deliver them to the agreed price and deadline. We work in teams, and some of our teams include well-integrated insourced developers.
We prioritise a sensible balance between work and private life, and our agile approach provides you with an excellent opportunity of being able to plan your own tasks and working hours to a great extent. We value social cohesion at the workplace and have a very active staff association.
Because we also work with security classified projects, all Systematic personnel must have security clearance. Learn more at http://systematic.com/clearance.
Questions and application procedure
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Systematic’s German office at +49 221 650 738 71.
Application deadline: Please send us your application as soon as possible as interviews will commence shortly
Workplace: Cologne, Germany
Commencement: By Appointment
We look forward to receiving your application.