Click on the video below to hear our domain expert and former Captain in the Royal Danish Army, Jesper Annexgaard, give an introduction to the benefits of SitaWare Edge.
SitaWare Edge delivers comprehensive situational awareness and command-and-control (C2) for commanders operating at the tip of the spear. With an advanced mapping system that supports multiple map types in both 2D and 3D, commanders gain a clear understanding of their area of operations.
Planning and geo tools, advanced force tracking, and integrated chat functionality provide an operational advantage. Combined with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, commanders can then focus on conducting the mission rather than managing the system. And as SitaWare Edge employs Systematic’s SitaWare Tactical Communication (STC) protocol, it is able to transmit large volumes of data over limited bandwidth and in challenging conditions.
SitaWare Edge is part of the SitaWare suite, enabling it operate seamlessly with the other SitaWare solutions – SitaWare Headquarters, SitaWare Frontline, and SitaWare Insight – as well the military messaging solutions in the IRIS suite. This provides top-to-bottom C4ISR and situational awareness across the battlespace.
SitaWare Edge integrates seamlessly with SitaWare Headquarters and SitaWare Frontline, giving top-to-bottom C4ISR and situational awareness across the battlespace. With a common look-and-feel and aligned symbology across all members of the SitaWare suite, users are assured that the same operating picture is seen at all echelons. This commonality also enables users to easily transition between the different systems, reducing training time and costs, and helping address skills fade. Furthermore, SitaWare Edge is compliant with the latest standards, making it fully interoperable with other systems, coalition partners and NATO member countries.
In the section below, you find an overview of some of the most important features in SitaWare Edge. We are more than happy to answer any questions you should have, give a live demo, and discuss how SitaWare Edge can benefit you and your organisation.
Friendly force tracking (FFT)
- Ensure friendly force tracking (FFT) available to all members of the tactical network
- Experience a high update rate achieved through SitaWare Tactical Communications (STC)
Shared situational awareness
- Maintain a detailed overview of the battlefield
- Explore an automatically updated picture of your own forces, points of interest, and enemy reports, including type, size, and location
- Transfer data with high efficiency
- Share vital battlefield information effortlessly at the tactical edge
- Experience compatibility with the radios you already have (IP and non-IP) as well as satcom, 3G/LTE, and more
- Experience a high performance 2D and 3D map engine with support for military grids
- Support a wide range of common map formats
- Feature geographical overlays for better mission execution
- Use terrain analysis tools for determining e.g. area of sight, line of sight, and highest point
Identical situational picture across all echelons
- Live stream videos from UAVs and other cameras
- Share UAV position as friendly force tracking (FFT)
- Capture video snapshots and share them with other units using the chat function