Information sharing is the lifeblood of virtually every modern organisation – defence forces are no exception. However, standard corporate email and instant messaging tools do not satisfy military requirements for sending information between organisations and roles, rather than between named individuals.
IRIS Military Mail extends the familiar capabilities of the Microsoft Outlook, turning it into a Military Message Handling System (MMHS). IRIS Military Mail in conjunction with Microsoft Outlook enables incoming and outgoing messages to be handled in accordance with military procedures. Outgoing messages can be passed through a workflow that ensures the right authorisation for releasing messages. Similar incoming distribution rules may be used to ensure that messages are automatically delivered to the relevant roles for action and info.
IRIS Military Mail provides a complete message handling infrastructure based on the well-known Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange, augmented with full support for military operating procedures. IRIS Military Mail seamlessly integrates with the rest of the IRIS suite as well as the C4ISR solutions in the SitaWare suite.
Below, we have gathered some of the most important features in IRIS Military Mail. We are also more than happy to give you a live demo of our solution and discuss how your organisation could benefit from IRIS Military Mail the rest of the IRIS suite.
Leverage the full capabilities of Microsoft Outlook
- Meet the expectations of the user community with a military message handling system that resonates with the broadly familiar Microsoft Outlook
- Experience a high level of user experience and features, rare among military message handling systems
- Combine the well-known Microsoft Outlook capabilities with military messaging
Protected messaging and user authorisation
- Enables protected message transfer using encryption protocols to secure confidential information
- Allow for validation of the message sender's identity with digital signature – to prevent unauthorised access to information and distribution of false or forfeited orders
- Use authorisation workflows to affirm that messages and orders can be transmitted safely
- Log all user actions and interactions with the embedded audit log
Formatted messaging and integration
- Integrate with IRIS Forms to ease the communication workflow through standardised message designs
- Handle formatted messages including APP-11, USMTF, OTH-Gold, and VMF
- Enable interoperability and facilitate cross-coalition communication with support for ACP-127 and STANAG 4406 Gateways
- Ensure SoP protocols are being enforced
- Benefit from a solution that is fully compliant with Microsoft Mail Flow and custom rules on Microsoft Exchange Server
- Ensure validity of messaged transmitted with IRIS WebForms embedded