Portrait of Michael Holm
Who is Michael Holm?
Michael was born on July 21st 1957 and grew up in West-Sealand, Denmark, where he graduated upper secondary school. He then moved to Copenhagen where he gained a diploma in computer science in 1977.
Michael started working as a software developer at Datacentralen I/S (now DXC Technology), where he among other things were stationed in France for four years, working for Thomson-CSF (now Thales).
He moved to Aarhus in 1984 and worked closely with the Danish Navy on IT solutions.
The company is founded
In 1985 Michael founded Systematic Software Engineering A/S, which today is known as Systematic A/S.
Systematic was created to provide mission-critical software systems and system solutions. Core industries include defence, healthcare, law enforcement, the public sector, finance and service industries. Today, the company has 1000+ employees in 11 countries, and customers in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Through the years Michael has completed a wide range of courses and training within the management field, e.g., Executive Management Training, IMD, in Switzerland, and Wharton University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Member of board of directors and commitment in society
Michael is advocating visual management and is a forerunner on many societal issues; engaging himself in many causes. Michael is committed to digital innovation in society and is a board member of several companies, institutions and organisations that support this and other causes:
- Danish Defence & Security Industries Association (FAD)
- Moesgaard Museum
- Jyllands-Postens Fond
- Danish Academy of Technical Sciences (ATV)
- Købmand Herman Sallings Fond
- Confederation of Danish Industry (DI, Dansk Industri)
Awards and achievements
Michael has received several awards and achievements throughout the years, to mention a few:
- Owner-Manager of the Year in Denmark in 2019
- Honorary Craftsman of The Year in 2018
- Business Man of the Year in 2010
- Battlespace C4ISTAR Technologies Businessman of the Year Award in 2008
- World Entrepreneur of the Year in 2004
- King Frederik the Ninth’s Merit Award for promoting Danish Exports in 2003
- Entrepreneur of the Year in Denmark in 2003
- Aarhus IT Prize in 2003
Michael is married to Pernille Salling, and he has five children. Michael lives with his family in Risskov, a suburb North of Aarhus, Denmark.