The contemporary operating environment is arguably more complex than it has ever been, but one aspect of warfare that remains constant is the priority that commanders place on force protection. Explore how SitaWare Frontline delivers incomparable situational awareness and tactical efficiency on the modern battlefield with capabilities like friendly force tracking (FFT) in the video below.
On the modern battlefield, the ability to outmanoeuvre and get inside an adversary's decision-making cycle is critical to mission success. The provision of accurate, clear, and current information enables commanders to shorten the OODA loop (Observe, Orient, Decide, Act), ensuring that mission critical decisions are based on correct and timely intelligence.
SitaWare Frontline provides commanders with comprehensive situational awareness and friendly force tracking (FFT), along with advanced planning and geo-analysis tools, effective chat and messaging, and a host of features that ensure that the system is easy-to-use and delivers an operational advantage.
As part of the SitaWare suite, the software operates seamlessly with the other SitaWare solutions – SitaWare Headquarters, SitaWare Edge, and SitaWare Insight – as well the military messaging solutions in the IRIS suite. This provides a unified command-and-control system from the dismounted soldier through to the highest level of command – and ensures that commanders at all echelons have the latest battlefield information.
Along with comprehensive situational awareness, SitaWare Frontline delivers a range of mission management and planning tools that give commanders an operational advantage. Furthermore, as part of the SitaWare suite, SitaWare Frontline is compliant with the MIL2525 for symbology and ADatP-3 messaging standards through integration with IRIS Forms, enabling information sharing with other systems, coalition partners, and NATO member countries.
Delve into some of the most important features in SitaWare Frontline in the section below. We are also more than happy to give you a live demo of SitaWare Frontline and discuss how it can benefit your organisation.
Friendly force tracking (FFT)
- Have the friendly force tracking (FFT) picture available automatically to all members of the radio network across subnets
- Distribute FFT widely through the use of SitaWare Tactical Communication
- Live stream videos from UAVs and other cameras
- Share UAV position as FFT
- Capture video snapshots and share them with other units using the chat function
- Benefit from a smooth chat interaction
- Chat either in full screen mode or as a side panel on the map
- Maintain full situational awareness while monitoring received messages
- Enjoy the aligned chat interface across the SitaWare suite
Identical situational picture
- Use the expansive symbol repository to quickly identify opportunities, threats, or areas of interest across all echelons
- Utilise the same map engine as SitaWare Headquarters and SitaWare Edge
- Enjoy full symbol alignment with the rest of the SitaWare suite
- Experience a unified symbol interaction across the SitaWare suite
3D map display
- Choose the option to view the map in 3D mode
- Maintain situational awareness with military symbols and FFT displayed above the ground
- View geo tools displayed in 3D mode
- Generate maps on-the-fly that are optimised for performance and display with SitaWare Map Maker
- Experience a responsive design that automatically adapts user interface to fit display size
- Adjust menus and tools according to display (portrait or landscape)
Simple and familiar user interface
- Maximise efficiency and usability with the intuitive interface
- Shift easily between solutions in the SitaWare suite, as all interfaces are aligned
- Reduce the need for training with the easy-to-use interface
- Ensure familiar interaction with a user interface based on principles from civilian apps